Choosing Instance Type
This article is released for AWS solution, SolidCP Panel on AWS (Windows Server) Elyxia Global Limited provides SolidCP in Amazon Machine Images (AMIs) for AWS EC2 instances. These are all general purpose instances that are well-suited for a variety of hosting purposes. When choosing an instance for use with SolidCP, pay close attention to the amount of RAM it comes with. The more web sites you intend to host, the more traffic the hosted web sites generate, the more RAM you will need.
- If you are considering trying out SolidCP, you can choose T2.small. It provides sufficient resources for testing purposes and comes as a part of the AWS Free Tier.
- If you run few (1–10) web sites with small load, T2.small should also be suitable. Our recommendation is T3a.small.
- A server used for shared hosting used to host 200-300 low traffic websites should use a T2.medium or an M3.medium instance.
- When choosing an instance for high traffic websites, analyze the website’s traffic carefully. Servers with frequently accessed web sites may require up to 1GB RAM per website.
- If you are not sure what instance to choose, we recommend using the M3.medium instance. It suits most users’ needs and is used for hosting SolidCP most frequently.
Important Note: As per requested by AWS if you are choosing instance type u-12tb1.metal, u-18tb1.metal, u-24tb1.metal, u-6tb1.metal, u-9tb1.metal, please visit https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/aws/now-available-amazon-ec2-high-memory-instances-with-6-9-and-12-tb-of-memory-perfect-for-sap-hana/
When configuring an instance, you will be asked to configure the following options:
- Instance type: choose the server configuration that best suits your needs. For the details on different types of instances, see Instance Types. However, we recommend instances with minimum 2 virtual CPUs and 2 GB memory in order to run SolidCP smoothly on Windows Server 2019.
- Storage space: the default allocated storage size is 30 GB for Windows instances (SolidCP is for Windows only). You can specify the necessary storage size (50 GB is recommended) when launching a new instance or change it after deployment.
- Security groups: a security group is created based on our recommended specifications. You can configure your own security group based on your requirements.
Type: MS SQL, Protocol: TCP, Port Range: 1433, Destination: 0.0.0.0/0
Type: MYSQL/Aurora, Protocol: TCP, Port Range: 3306, Destination: 0.0.0.0/0
Type: HTTP, Protocol: TCP, Port Range: 80, Destination: 0.0.0.0/0
Type: HTTPS, Protocol: TCP, Port Range: 443, Destination: 0.0.0.0/0
Type: Custom TCP Rule, Protocol: TCP, Port Range: 14147, Destination: 0.0.0.0/0
Type: Custom TCP Rule, Protocol: TCP, Port Range: 21, Destination: 0.0.0.0/0
Type: Custom TCP Rule, Protocol: TCP, Port Range: 9001, Destination: 0.0.0.0/0
Type: Custom TCP Rule, Protocol: TCP, Port Range: 9002, Destination: 0.0.0.0/0
Type: Custom TCP Rule, Protocol: TCP, Port Range: 9003, Destination: 0.0.0.0/0
Type: Custom TCP Rule, Protocol: TCP, Port Range: 990, Destination: 0.0.0.0/0
Type: Custom TCP Rule, Protocol: TCP, Port Range: 900, Destination: 0.0.0.0/0
Type: All traffic, Protocol: All, Port Range: All, Destination: 0.0.0.0/0
- Key pairs: choose or create a key pair to be used for authentication when accessing the instance. For information and instructions on creating key pairs, see Amazon EC2 Key Pairs.
After the selected instance is initiated, follow the steps below to initialize SolidCP:
- Once the instance is initiated, remote desktop into the server.
- Go to desktop, look for the folder named “Elyxia Tools”
- Open the folder, then look for the program named “Elyxia SolidCP Initiator.exe” and run it.
- Initial username and password to SolidCP will be generated into a file named, “ElyxiaSolidCP.txt” in the folder of “Elyxia Tools” upon the program executed successfully.
- You may now login using the username and password listed, and please be reminded to change your password after login.
Setup & Configuration
After you have successfully initiatied and logged into SolidCP, you may follow https://solidcp.com/kb/ to continue SolidCP configuration and setup. For general support, please visit https://solidcp.com/forum/