Choosing the Type
This article is released for AWS solution, WHMCS 7.10.2 BYOL Elyxia Global Limited provides WHMCS in Amazon Machine Images (AMIs) for AWS EC2 instances. These are all general purpose instances that are well-suited for a variety of purposes. When choosing an instance for use with WHMCS, pay close attention to the amount of RAM it comes with. The more web sites you intend to host, the more traffic the hosted web sites generate, the more RAM you will need.
- If you are considering trying out WHMCS, you can choose T2.micro. It provides sufficient resources for testing purposes.
- If you run WHMCS to handle small load, T2.micro should also be suitable.
- A server used for medium traffic website should use a T2.medium or an M3.medium instance.
- When choosing an instance for high traffic website, analyze the website’s traffic carefully. Servers with frequently accessed web sites may require up to 1GB RAM per website.
- If you are not sure what instance to choose, we recommend using the M3.medium instance. It suits most users’ needs and is used for hosting most frequently.
Important Note: As per requested by AWS if you are choosing instance type u-12tb1.metal, u-18tb1.metal, u-24tb1.metal, u-6tb1.metal, u-9tb1.metal, please visit https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/aws/now-available-amazon-ec2-high-memory-instances-with-6-9-and-12-tb-of-memory-perfect-for-sap-hana/
When configuring an instance, you will be asked to configure the following options:
- Instance type: choose the server configuration that best suits your needs. For the details on different types of instances, see Instance Types. However, we recommend instances with minimum 1 virtual CPUs and 1 GB memory in order to run WHMCS smoothly on Linux CentOS 7.
- Storage space: the default allocated storage size is 30 GB for Linux instances. You can specify the necessary storage size when launching a new instance or change it after deployment.
- Security groups: a security group is created based on our recommended specifications. You can configure your own security group based on your requirements.
Type: SSH, Protocol: TCP, Port Range: 22, Destination: 0.0.0.0/0
Type: HTTP, Protocol: TCP, Port Range: 80, Destination: 0.0.0.0/0
Type: HTTPS, Protocol: TCP, Port Range: 443, Destination: 0.0.0.0/0
Type: MYSQL/Aurora, Protocol: TCP, Port Range: 3306, Destination: 0.0.0.0/0 (Optional)
Type: Custom TCP Rule, Protocol: TCP, Port Range: 21, Destination: 0.0.0.0/0 (Optional)
Type: All traffic, Protocol: All, Port Range: All, Destination: 0.0.0.0/0
- Key pairs: choose or create a key pair to be used for authentication when accessing the instance. For information and instructions on creating key pairs, see Amazon EC2 Key Pairs.
After the selected instance is initiated, follow the steps below to initialize WHMCS:
- Step 1: Once the instance is initiated, remote into your AWS instance via SSH. When you are prompted “login as”, execute the following command;
$ sudo -i
And your initial credentials for WHMCS and database will be prompted. Please be reminded to change your password after logged into WHMCS.
The pre-installed WHMCS license is a temporary license owned by Elyxia Global Limited, it may be revoked anytime without prior warning. This AMI is BYOL (Bring Your Own License).
To run and operate WHMCS to its fullness, you are required to own a valid license. You may use your existing license by entering the license key into configuration.php.
To purchase a new WHMCS license, you may choose either option below
Option 1: get one from us with reseller discount at ElyxiaHost
Option 2: get one directly from WHMCS
- Step 2: Once the WHMCS is initiated, you then can access WHMCS via the following address;
- Standard WHMCS public site: http://<your-elastic-ip>/.
- Default WHMCS administrator site: http://<your-elastic-ip>/admin. For example, https://220.127.116.11/admin.
- WHMCS install folder is removed.
- attachment folder moved /var/www/attachments/
- downloads folder moved /var/www/downloads/
- templates_c folder moved/var/www/templates_c/
- configuration.php permission is 600.
- WHMCS CRON job is activated to run at every 5 minutes. */5 * * * * root /usr/bin/php -q /var/www/html/crons/cron.php
Frequently Asked Question:
- In order to curl with https, you will need to associate your AWS public IP address with domain name and install SSL to the domain name. Alternatively, you may use services like CloudFlare to equip your domain name with SSL.
- This AMI is BYOL (Bring Your Own License). You need to get an official license from WHMCS.
Setup & Configuration
After you have successfully initiatied and logged into WHMCS, you may follow https://docs.whmcs.com/Using_WHMCS_and_Howtos to continue your configuration and setup. For direct WHMCS support, please visit https://www.whmcs.com/support/